Tuesday 20 April 2010

Volcanic Ash.

So this whole volcanic ash malarky. So a Volcano in Iceland errupts,  haulting all flights in and out of the UK.( and everywhere else) My Mum and Dad have been stuck in Rome and on Sunday decided that their only chance of getting home is by train! So they set off from Rome, then onto to Zurich, then to Paris, then to a port just outside of Paris to catch a ferry to the UK , Newhaven, where my Aunty then picks them up for an hour journey home. I feel them,  I really do. Especially my Mum who is not one for public transport!

Now luckily they had their holiday but their are thousands of people that didnt even get to go, they got a gorgeous view of Heathrow airport. Now on May 13th, its time for us to travel. Hopefully the volcaninc ash would have pissed off by then. HOWEVER according to news reports a sister volcano could errupt in the next month. Brilliant. Just Brilliant! Now if I and the girls do not get to go, I am not sure what exactly we will do! I will go MENTAL, thousands of pounds spent on a holiday of a lifetime and some silly ash means that there could be problems!!

Also there have been riots in Bangkok.People have been donating their blood for it to poured all over the streets in protest against the current prime minister. How lovely! Things are really looking up for our trip! Positive thoughts , positive thoughts, positive thoughts!

Oh and Congratulations to darling Alicia who got a job as a PR Brand Assistant Manager, and starts as soon as we get back!! Well Well Well Done! Completely and utterly deserved!  x

1 comment:

  1. Well done to your parents for making it home! I hope the cloud goes away soon, I fly to Bangkok on the 4th of May...

    Hoorah for Alicia!

    tweet tweet tweet

    x

    ReplyDelete